Sunday, June 22, 2008

A week in the outdoors

This past week i was away for a little trip into the wilderness! It was so much fun for a non-wilderness girl that I am. My friend Kelly invited me to go along as she trained the staff from a local christian camp.

We started out on tues. afternoon driving up to Madimorse.Pa, which is very close to Port Jarvis N.Y. We canoed tues., wed., thurs., and fri. and covered 25miles. It was so much fun camping out and cooking over an open fire. God used the week to show me a few very important things about my life. Some highlights of the trip were getting stuck in a rain storm, seeing four doe swim across the river, hitting some rapids, and watching bald eagles fly around. All in all it was a great trip and tons of fun!

This up coming week we start 6 weeks of summer camp at MHS. Most of the camps will be day except one week we will be at Raystown Lake near state college area. Kent will also start his internship at the middle school working at summer school! Oh what fun! So that looks like our lives for the next couple of weeks. Then before the summer is over we will go away for a sometype of beach vacation!

A couple of Summer Dinner Ideas:
Grilled Pizza
Any fish done on the grill with some lemon and spices
Tomato/Basil/Mozz. sandwiches..... my personal fav since I am growing my own tomatoes and basil!

No comments: