Monday, April 19, 2010

Sleeping Habits...

This is going to be a quick post because the little man is starting to get a little fussy! I have acquired a bunch of questions and comments on how do we get E to sleep so well at night or during the day for that matter. Here are some of our tricks...

First let me say he is a super easy baby and loves to just hang out! We started from day one on a very strick eating schedule. We only fed him every four hours and that was a lifesaver! He started on a three hour schedule when he was first born and then by the time he came home he was eating every four hours.

Secondly, the first time he slept longer than four hours we went with it and just fed him when he woke. Sometimes he started to wake back up at the earlier time and we just gave him the paci and he went back to sleep until that later feeding time. Eventually, like four days later he slept from 10pm until 4pm. Eventually, he started to get more tired earlier in the evening, so we just put him down. A couple of weeks later he started to sleep from 8-8. If he woke up in the middle of the night wanting food we just gave him the paci and he went right back down...

Thirdly, we have always had a night time routine with him. Bottle, Prayers, Music, and in bed. We do this all in about 15 mins... We have found keeping the routine has work wonders.

Napping during the day can be hit or miss depending on what we are doing... but I always try to keep somewhat of a routine with when i put him down for his naps. It is always 1.5 hrs. that he starts to get fussy and tired. I also look for his tired signs...

Hopefully, this helps some of you and maybe I just writing this to repeat things that people already know! Ha... But I know one thing I LOVE my sleep and I am super thankful my baby does too!

No comments: