Saturday, September 3, 2011
So my latest obsessions is Pintrest. If you do not know what that is leave me a comment and I will fill you all in. I have wanted to pin something and I finally have had time to post these delicious enchiladas.... they are slightly tweaked from Pioneer Women...
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
2 Cans of Rotel
3 Cans of Green Chilies
3 Bags of Shredded Cheddar, but you can use any cheese you would like
2 Tablespoons of butter
2-4 Tablespoons of Flour
3 Cups of Milk- any kind...I use 2%
Salt and Pepper to taste
Any type of Hot Sauce to taste
Salsa for toppings
- Place chicken and rotel in crockpot. Cook until chicken is ready to be shredded about 5 hrs.
- Shred chicken and add green chillies
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and some cheese, roll and place in a greased pan.
- After all the tortillas are place in melt butter in a small sauce pan and mix in flour and create a rue.. add milk and stir until thick. Add 1 and a half bags of cheese. Stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour mixture over tortillas and place in oven at 400 degrees and bake until bubbling about 30 mins... then add remaining cheese over the top and bake for a few more min. until bubbly and brown.
Serve with cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or fresh margaritas. I have a very go with it type attitude in the kitchen so just use your instincts and go with it!