Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A New Recipe


This week I tried a new recipe and it was a total hit with K. It also gave lots of leftovers, which means either freezer or more meals!

I put 6 chicken breasts in the crockpot along with two cans of tomatoes. I had the Italian ones, but you could use any. Then salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic to taste. I like things flavorful so I added a lot, but you could use less. I also added some hot sauce again optional. Cooked on low for 8 hrs. This made 6 cups of shredded meat! Great way to make all kinds of different Mexican meals. We had tacos the other night and now we are having quesadillas tonight!

Along with this meal I have been sitting down every weekend at some point and writing a list for the fridge of what we are having for dinner and what is goin on that evening. That way hub can let me know if something is wrong or he has planned something else!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!

Jerralea said...

I'm all about using the crockpot! You've made me hungry thinking about it.

Erin @ Closing Time said...

This sounds so delicious! I love shredded chicken tacos. Will have to try this for sure!!