Monday, May 4, 2009

A change of heart

It is amazing what a little time with our Savior and my journal can do! I feel like I am out of my little slump. I spent a great half hour last night with my journal and it has made such a difference. I have started to realize that when I am feeling overwhelmed or stressed I just start to make myself busier and busier. But that is not the answer and not how God designed us to be. When this starts to be the mindset around here I need to just step back and take a look at what is the current problem. After I take time with God and with my feelings, I am ready to take on the day again. Why don't I just do that when I start to feel this way instead of letting it go until I have eaten myself out of house and home and stressed beyond belief! I need to let go and let God step in!

Enough with the emotional stuff of the weekend!! The rest of our weekend was fabulous after our 2:00 alarm on Friday. We hung out with some great friends on Saturday night and just relaxed in their wonderful backyard! It is simply lovely! Sunday was church and a lot of grad school work for both K and I. We just ordered a pizza for dinner and watched "Brothers and Sister" I am now back at work and tired... needless to say I need a mental health day!

No comments: